вторник, 22 ноября 2011 г.

Homework №3. Interesting book for reading.



I never judge a book by its cover. Before choosing a book, I prefer to read the synopsis first  carefully and sometimes book reviews. I think I’m lucky, because books that I choose are always very interesting.
I tend to choose books by contemporary authors and I’m really happy when my favorite authors bring out new books.
One of these authors is Tanya Huff. Her first novel is one in a line of a brilliant new contemporary fantasy series. This novel is called “Smoke and Shadows” and now I’d like to tell you a few words about it.
The main character of this novel is Henry Fitzroy who actually was a real person, the illegitimate son of Henry VIII. Fitzroy was born in 1519 and died in 1536. The premise of this series was his real illness and "death' which was the result of a vampire bite. He rose from his grave to live on as a vampire, aging very slowly.
The Smoke novels focus on Tony Foster, but Henry is still a large part of Tony’s life, even though Tony moved out of Henry's apartment. In "Smoke and Shadows", Tony, who works at a TV studio, discovered that the special effects technician was in fact a wizard from another world and that the Shadowlord from her world was invading Vancouver. With Henry's help, they defeated the Shadowlord.
There are two more books in this series. It’s Smoke and Mirrors and Smoke and Ashes.
In "Smoke and Mirrors", Tony became trapped in a haunted house, but Henry was unable to help him.
In "Smoke and Ashes", Tony ran into a woman who was a demongate, and Henry took up the struggle with this demon with the help of his knowledge of demons and his grimoire. колдовская книга (заговоров и заклинаний)
And now I want to tell you about my impression of the first book in the series. This book has a very dynamic development of events. It’s about uninterrupted struggle with evil. It’s a story about true friendship between two men.
I have a liking to the main characters of this novel. I think that Henry is a very attractive, engaging and intelligent person. Tony is really witty and hilarious. I can say that they are the complement of one another. Wise Henry always can set Tony in the right way.
To sum it up, I’d like to hope that my favorite author will write a lot of new novels because I think Tanya Huff is a very gifted and prolific Canadian writer. I think she writes very exciting books and I always want to carry on reading her books for hours.

2 комментария:

  1. Well,thank you for this story, I think "Smoke and Mirrors" is very interesting book)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Nastya, this book sounds good to me! On my opinion, it has very gripping plot)

    ОтветитьУдалить