понедельник, 15 октября 2012 г.


My first experience.                                  
I want to tell you about my first experience as a make-up artist. It’s one of my best and exciting memories.

I finished a make-up school this summer. Our tutors invited all the trainees to a playboy party which was held in the Izvestia Hall. We were able to do different kinds of make-up, for example, a pin-up style for girls who perform on the stage. It’s a bright make-up which stars like Merlin Monroe and other actresses wear. It’s a beautiful and perfect black eyeliner and nice red lips. I believe that every woman can look more feminine when she puts on this kind of make-up.

I felt a little bit nervous because it was my first day at work as a make-up artist. There were seven of us, young make-up artists in the make-up room and everyone tried to pretend to be confident as if to say, you know, “I’m very professional”.
We had to do lots of make-ups, for almost 40 or 50 girls. It was hard and we had to work very quickly. First I spent some time looking at the other make-up artists wondering how experienced they were.

After the event I found lots of photos of the girls whose faces I made up and when I saw  those photos I realized that in one case  I did wrong using a highlighter on the cheekbones of one of the girls and because of this her face looked very shiny. I felt frustrated and embarrassed. But my tutors said that my make ups were pretty good and it was a very good experience to start a career. But nevertheless now I know that sometimes it isn’t necessary to use a highlighter. 

As you can see on these photos the result of our work is professional and now I feel myself very confident)

2 комментария:

  1. Nastya, thank you for really exciting post!
    My congratulations to you!!!
    Do you mind me asking how many types of make-up you could do?

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Masha, thank you for reading my story!
    Well, I can do all types of make-up, for example, smoky, nude, classic, evening, color, style, anti-age and others.
    It depends on client and what wish she will express.

    ОтветитьУдалить